Come work with us.
Senior SEO Strategist (Part-time to start)
We are looking for an SEO veteran to build and manage our SEO campaigns. Our Senior SEO Strategist will lead our SEO team in planning, implementing, and managing the overall SEO strategy for both Blue Laser Digital and our clients. This will be a very hands-on position. This individual will work directly with our digital marketing team, business development, designers, and developers.
While this is currently an optional full-time/part-time position, we intend to see it transform into a full-time role within our agency. Please note: Due to the COVID pandemic, this position will initially work from home and then transition to work in our Columbus office.
- Plan, develop, and execute SEO strategies that optimize organic search and maximize ROI on paid ads for Blue Laser Digital and our clients.
- Analyze web traffic and user behavior with Google Analytics, Search Console, and other third-party tools
- Conduct monthly SEO audits and create monthly progress reports for clients, highlighting KPIs and explaining strategy
- Work closely with our agency’s Creative Director and Digital Marketing team to develop content strategy, conduct keyword research and create content calendars
- Develop and implement linking strategy for clients
- Manage disavow and reconsideration requests
- Manage and implement schema markup and rich snippets
- Work closely with our developers to ensure SEO best practices are followed
- Assist our Business Development and client services teams with SEO related consultations by providing materials and data needed to support our effectiveness (i.e., case studies, keyword reports, comparative research, etc.)
- Oversee Junior SEO Strategist and deliver internal SEO training sessions
- Stay updated on SEO best practices and digital marketing trends
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years of SEO experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Experience developing SEO reports and custom KPIs to suit individual marketing campaigns
- In-depth understanding of updated on-page and off-page optimization techniques
- Comfortable in a client-facing environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to contribute to new process development
- Self-starter, comfortable being proactive, not afraid to step outside the box
- Up-to-date on current SEO best practices
- You’re fun, awesome, and weird!
Some of our benefits of this position include a competitive part-time salary, a flexible schedule, optional health insurance, the freedom to occasionally work from home, and a free Arena District parking pass.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Blue Laser Digital is a full-service digital agency located in the Arena District. We build and maintain websites for our clients that run optimally, and their audience clearly understands who they are, what they do and how their business can help them. We, also, use digital channels to help our clients attract new business. Our team demonstrates integrity, teamwork, excellence, ingenuity, compassion and humor.
Blue Laser is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.