Are you looking for a new adventure in your career? Are you as awesome as you are talented? If you are, then you should probably check out our career opportunities below and apply. We’d love to see what you can do and can’t wait to meet you.
Senior SEO Strategist
Full-time position in our Columbus, Ohio office.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Blue Laser Digital is a full-service web design and digital marketing agency that specializes in responsive website design and development. Founded in 2000, we’ve been on the scene since the Digital Stone Age. We are a group of creative digital nerds that know how to balance our work with fun.
We are looking for an SEO veteran to build and manage our SEO campaigns. Our Senior SEO Strategist will lead our SEO team in planning, implementing, and managing the overall SEO strategy for both Blue Laser Digital and our clients. This individual will work directly with our marketing team, business development, client services, designers, and developers and report to the Director of Strategy.
- Plan, develop, and execute SEO strategies that optimize organic search and maximize ROI on paid ads for Blue Laser Digital and our clients.
- Analyze web traffic and user behavior with Google Analytics, Search Console, and other third-party tools
- Conduct monthly SEO audits and create monthly progress reports for clients, highlighting KPIs and explaining strategy
- Work closely with our agency’s Director of Strategy and Copywriter to develop content strategy, conduct keyword research and create content calendars
- Develop and implement linking strategy for clients
- Manage disavow and reconsideration requests
- Manage and implement schema markup and rich snippets
- Work closely with our developers to ensure SEO best practices are followed
- Assist our sales and client services teams with SEO related consultations by providing materials and data needed to support our effectiveness (i.e., case studies, keyword reports, comparative research, etc.)
- Oversee Junior SEO Strategists and deliver internal SEO training sessions
- Stay updated on SEO best practices and digital marketing trends
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 5-7 years of SEO experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Experience developing SEO reports and custom KPIs to suit individual marketing campaigns
- In-depth understanding of updated on-page and off-page optimization techniques
- Comfortable in a client-facing environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to contribute to new process development
- Self-starter, comfortable being proactive, not afraid to step outside the box
- Up-to-date on current SEO best practices
- You’re fun, awesome, and weird!
- Competitive salary
- Flex time
- 18 days PTO + holidays
- Optional health insurance
- Work-from-home as needed
- Free Arena District parking
Columbus, OH 43215 (Required)